You’ve probably seen stunning green walls in offices, universities, airports, or at your favorite cafe. They’re becoming increasingly popular in the past couple of years, especially in urban cities, where space and nature are limited. As Southern California continues to grow with new construction going up around us, many of us may realize that it’s been a while since we’ve been out in nature! Sure, you may drive past a couple of palm trees on your way to work, but this doesn’t really count.
Helping people reconnect with nature is precisely what our living walls are trying to solve. Being surrounded by greenery plays a big role in our mental and physical wellbeing, especially in an office setting. If you’re thinking of adding some plant life to your space, this blog will go over just about everything you need to know about green walls!
Why Do We Need Indoor Green Walls?
As surrounding areas become more developed, parks, trees, and accessible green spaces begin to decrease. California is already going through a significant housing shortage. While we’re not opposed to adding infrastructure as needed, we want to find innovative ways to integrate nature within our buildings instead!
So, why not bring nature to you? A popular solution is with a vertical green wall! They come in two forms: living and preserved moss walls. They’re ideal for commercial buildings and office spaces where greenery isn’t exactly around every corner. As the economy reopens, we’re as busy as ever, and it can be challenging to set time aside to hike or sit out in a park. Plant walls can provide the answer to these challenges.
What Is the Difference Between Moss and Living Walls?
Living walls (also known as plant walls and vertical gardens) consist of a collection of plants that are alive and rooted in an engineered framework system. The system contains its own irrigation and drainage system, keeping the plants alive and healthy. Your living wall may include tropical flowers, ferns, cacti, succulents, or plenty of other options.
Moss walls are 100% preserved natural moss that’s no longer alive. We carefully preserve it for decorative purposes using an eco-friendly process. It retains the freshness, appearance, and scent for years, and there’s no need for soil, sunlight, or water! It’s a beautiful, low-maintenance option that works in every room.
The beauty of both living and moss walls is that the design options are endless! You can customize them in a way that’s entirely unique to you and your space. The layout, color, and shape will give you a one-of-a-kind art piece that will have your visitors doing a double take! Did we mention it’s also a remarkable way to show off your brand?
How Do Living Walls Benefit Us?
Nature can help improve your mental and physical wellbeing. With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it’s something we can all use! Here are some of our favorite benefits:
- Improves mood and productivity: It’s shown that connecting with nature can improve people’s mood! Studies even show that employees are more productive and attentive when indoor plants are added to their workspace.
- Reduces stress: Improved moods and reduced stress tend to go hand in hand. The plant’s beauty can soothe people, help them feel relaxed, secure, and less stressed. Hospitals have found when patients are in nature, they tend to be happier, recover faster, and ease depression and anxiety!
- Remove airborne pollutants: Indoor plants can serve as a natural air pollutant filter, keeping fresh air in the room. The filter ensures that the air doesn’t become a breeding ground for airborne contaminants.
- Clean air: Live plants and walls provide you with an oxygen source and natural filter. Quality oxygen levels are linked with better concentration, making greenery ideal for offices!
- Improve indoor climate: Plants can help stabilize humidity, improve ventilation, and reduce heat, making the space a little more comfortable.
Do Living Walls Help the Environment?
The more greenery, the better! They help improve the air you breathe and are a great first step for businesses working towards becoming more environmentally friendly. As more companies begin adding greenery to their office spaces, the more others will start doing the same.
Greenleaf IPS Is Here To Help!
We hope you enjoyed our blog about everything you need to know about green walls. If you’re ready to introduce some natural elements to your space or want to learn more, we’re here to help! We can answer any questions you have and help you develop the perfect, customized wall for your room or office. You can click here to schedule a free consultation with us, where we’ll go over the project and give you an idea of the pricing. To turn your space into a work of art, give us a call at (858)-488-0611. We look forward to working with you!